Now that monsoon has bid a firm farewell to Bombay and winter has yet to arrive, the weather is super hot and humid and stifling here. My combination skin becomes greasier and the hair is a frizzy bird’s nest. So when I was sent the Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash, it seemed like just the thing my skin needed and I started using that as my morning cleanser. Read on to know how it fared on me….
Juicy, bursting with natural goodness, fresh, bright, much loved, true, child-like, perhaps even naughty, take me as I am….no airs, no pretensions. That’s me. I am plum.
PLUM is India’s first online-only beauty brand. Here are 10 things that make PLUM special:
* The first beauty brand in India that is TOTALLY free of Parabens, Pthalates, Propylene Glycol, SLS, DEA and PABA.
* Follows international norms on labelling products as “Natural” or “Organic”. Our Organic products are ECOCERT certified.
* Do not make fairness or skin whitening creams. We encourage diversity and endorse healthy, natural skin as the prettiest.
* Products for every skin type including sensitive.
* Thoughtfully formulated using the best of natural actives combined with safe, life-friendly ingredients.
* Avoid the use of non-recyclable plastics such as PVC, ABS and SAN in packaging.
* Give away 1% of our sales to environmental non-profits as a global member of One Percent For The Planet.
* Against animal testing.
* 100% money-back guarantee for all products purchased online.
* Same day / next day shipping and 48-hour delivery to almost all major towns in India. CoD available in most cities.
Isn’t that really impressive?
Plum lists out all the ingredients that they use as well as avoid on their website giving reasons for each. Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES) is a mild foaming surfactant. In fact, it is so mild it is usually used in baby bath products. This face wash also contains Cellulose Beads for a gentle scrubbing action. Recently, I read a lot on how the beads in popular face washes like Clean n Clear don’t dissolve and are an environmental nightmare. These cellulose beads however, are made from naturally derived cellulose and are supposed to disintegrate easily. For more information, you can check out the entire ingredient list on their website here
The Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash is a pale-green gel that has tiny green cellulose beads in it. It lathers well and does a good job of cleaning the skin of oil, sweat and dirt and yet, doesn’t leave it feeling dry. This face wash doesn’t remove makeup however.
It also has a mild fragrance that I didn’t personally like too much. Also, the cellulose beads seemed pretty useless in it since they are too tiny and too few to be effective. I’d prefer it if PLUM removed those because the face wash is pretty good even without them.
Priced at Rs. 345 for 75ml, this is a really good, cruelty-free, baddie-free effective face wash for combination and oily skins especially in the current hot, humid weather. I definitely recommend this.To know more about Plum products and to order them online, check out their website www.plumgoodness.com
PS – PR Sample. Honest and unbiased opinion.